“When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.” -Viktor Frankl
It is my passion to guide couples towards connection in their intimate relationships, and to help individuals meet their goals through exploration of their preferred lives. Clients have commented that they feel safe and comfortable with me, I hold this in a high regard.
My work with clients is relational, collaborative, trauma-informed and grounded in anti-oppression. Our work together will be influenced by adult attachment theory.
I practice Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) with couples. I help couples move away from disconnection towards a stronger and secure bond. Security regains emotional balance so your relationship will start to feel less chaotic and more connected. I have been privileged to bear witness to the results; couples have said our work together saved their marriages. We will work to uncover your unspoken or unmet needs and create a space for your partner to take in the importance of what you need to say.
With individuals I practice Solution Focused Therapy and listen for the threads of strength and resilience within a blanket of challenges clients present. I also use aspects of Narrative therapy to help individuals change their story to a more hopeful one. We would work at your pace only exploring what you wish to consider.
I have worked in the Violence Against Women, HIV/AIDS, LGBTQ and Sexual and Reproductive Health movements. I have dedicated over twenty years of my life talking about sex, sexuality and healthy relationships; I currently offer sex therapy to clients.
Whether you identify as a queer or straight couple, female, male, trans or genderqueer, what is important is if you feel I am the right fit for you. Please contact me by email so we can set up a time to talk over the phone before you commit to a first session. At that time we can also discuss my session rates.
Education and Memberships
- Registered Psychotherapist with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO)
- Masters in Education (M.Ed) with the Department of Adult Education and Counselling Psychology from the University of Toronto
- Certificate in Couples and Family Therapy Studies from the University of Guelph
- Member of the International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy (ICEEFT)
- Member of The Ontario Association of Consultants, Counsellors, Psychometrists and Psychotherapists (OACCPP)